June 1, 2015
Cream Cheese-Mascarpone Frosting Works Well With Carrot Cake
Carrot cake is one of the newest additions to the Sunday brunch dessert menu. It has become a favorite of many since its debut. This is not a new recipe. It's the exact same recipe I have been using for so long but without the classic cream cheese frosting. I experimented using joyofbaking's red velvet frosting which consists of cream cheese and mascarpone cheese to frost and fill the cake. The result was unbelievably amazing!
Cream Cheese-Mascarpone Frosting
227 g cream cheese, room temperature
227 g mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
115 g icing sugar, sifted
360 ml cold heavy whipping cream
1. Place the cream cheese and mascarpone cheese in a bowl of your electric mixer. Beat until smooth.,
2. Add the vanilla and icing sugar and continue beating until smooth.
3. With a whisk attachment, add the whipping cream gradually and whip until it reaches a thick consistency.
4. Add more sugar or cream as needed.
5. Use to fill and frost cake.
I garnished each slice with walnut.