January 10, 2015
Pink And Purple Color Combo In Cake
My love for pink and purple combination is reflected on my creations. Once again I chose the duo for this cake. I had no idea that the recipient was a girl. The colors really suit her age.
This was a vanilla chiffon cake, layered with vanilla frosting. I used two small star piping nozzles for the decoration. I piped each color alternately. It took a little time to pipe and my arms got too tired by the time I was halfway through. After seeing the finished cake, I couldn't help but smile. It was simple but cute enough for the birthday girl.
Vanilla Chiffon Cake:
100 g cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, separated
80 grams sugar, divided
50 ml vegetable oil
50 ml water
1.Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Using a manual whisk, beat the egg yolks. Gradually add the sugar in three separate additions. Whisk until mixture becomes light, thick and forms a ribbon.
2. Drizzle in the oil, whisking at the same time until well combined. Add the water and vanilla essence. Mix well.
3 Sift the flour mixture over the egg mixture. Whisk until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
4. In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until white and frothy. Add the sugar little by little and beat on hi speed until firm peaks form.
5. Whisk one third of meringue into the batter. With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the remaining meringue until the mixture is blended.
6. Pour batter into an 18 cm pan. Tap the pan lightly to get rid of air bubbles.
7. Bake in a preheated 170 C oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the pan from the oven. Invert the pan immediately and let cool completely.
9. Remove the cake from the pan by running a knife along the edges.
10. Get rid of cake dome and cut it into 3 layers. Layer the cake with vanilla frosting. Decorate it as you please.
11. Serve and enjoy.